Eating chicken feet may sound unappetizing to some people, but it is considered to be a delicacy countries including China, Jamaica, South Africa, Trinidad, and a number of countries in South America.
Frozen products will leave us in insulated packaging with a frozen gel pack. Ensure your chilled products are frozen/refrigerated as soon as possible & consumed within 3 days if refrigerated.
How To Prepare Chicken Feet For Cooking
- Wash chicken feet thoroughly
- Next, rub them with salt to remove any stubborn stains
- Then scald the chicken feet in boiling water for about 3 minutes
- Let it cool before you peel the yellow membranes on the feet
- Using either a sharp knife or a kitchen scissor, chop off the tip of the claws/nails
The chicken feet are now ready for cooking.
Jamaican Chicken Foot Pumpkin Soup
- 3 litres chicken stock or water
- 1 lb. chicken foot (washed, skinned and nails cut-off)
- 2 stalks corn broken in half (optional)
- 1 lb. yellow yam (medium diced)
- 2 turnips (sliced)
- 2 green scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger
- 4 bay leaves
- ½ tsp allspice powder
- 3 garlic cloves mashed
- 2 lbs pumpkin (medium diced, skin on)
- dumpling dough (pre-kneaded)
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 2 stalks scallion (sliced diagonally)
- 1 tbsp. salt (to taste)
- 1 packet Jamaican Chicken Noodle or Cock Soup Mix
- ½ lb. carrots (sliced diagonally)
- 3 stalks celery (diced) (optional)
- ½ lb. cho cho/ christophine (cut up into 1 cm pieces)
- Place chicken foot, chicken stock, corn, turnips, scotch bonnet, yam, garlic, ginger, allspice, bay leaves, chicken soup mix, and turnips to pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 20 minutes until pumpkin is cooked.
- Remove all the pumpkin, turnip and ginger from the pot along with enough of the stock to cover them and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour back puree mixture into pot.
- Add carrots, cho cho, celery and the other ingredients to the pot.
- Add dumplings or “spinners”.
- Simmer for ½ hour until the vegetables in the soup are al dente (soft but not mushy), the dumplings are floating, and the soup is reduced a little to a velvety consistency.
- Add salt to taste, if necessary.
- Serve while hot!
Frozen Chicken Feet
* Product information (including ingredients and product photo) listed on the website may differ to actual product. This is due to change of packaging, and information on the packaging may vary per batch. If you have any questions, please contact us for more accurate and up to date information.